Sunday, February 3, 2008

circle the wagons #1

okay....gathered the materials.....scoured my boxes and mixed stuff....


ended up with wagon wheels (watch parts) and very simple hand cut vinatage mop (mother of pearl) buttons

and then I gathered a vintage ankle length apron out of muslin (muslin that was becoming pretty raw)....so I stripped it down and will spin it up with some white romney I have....then the embellishing will begin....I have decided at this time to make it a single ply and then sew the buttons and "wheels" on where I want them....the wheels are metal and I was concerned with them cutting the thread and some of the mop buttons won't fit through the orafice....so thus some handwork to be done...let's pretend I am doing it on the wagon....(but really chances are...I will be having a beer at the time...get it....)hee heee....

perfect superbowl handwork.....ya know...the patriots and stuff....

No comments: